Privacy statement for job applicants
Contact information for the data controller:
- Syklo, y-tunnus: 3275158-9, PL 116, 90101 Oulu
Tietosuoja-asioista vastaava henkilö:
Collection of personal data
Syklo collects all personal data concerning a job applicant in principle from the applicant themselves. In certain situations, Syklo may also collect information about a job applicant from sources other than the applicant, within the limits of the applicable legislation, mainly with the consent of the job applicant or as permitted by the legislation. During the recruitment process, Syklo may also use outsourced recruitment partners acting on behalf of and for Syklo and under the guidance of Syklo, for example, to carry out suitability assessments or in connection with outsourcing the recruitment process.
For example, we collect the following information about job applicants that is necessary for the recruitment process:
- basic information, such as name, home address, e-mail address and telephone number;
- information contained in the job application, such as information on training, previous work experience, qualifications and other competencies, language skills and references; the availability of the job applicant during the possible employment relationship, and the requested start of the employment relationship; and
- information relevant to the recruitment process, such as information on the progress of the recruitment process of the job applicant, notes prepared to support the recruitment of the job applicant, information on possible suitability assessments, and information on the selection for the job position applied for.
Legal basis and purpose of the proceedings
We process the personal data of job applicants for the purpose of managing the recruitment process, including processing job applications, informing about the recruitment process, and organising job interviews. The legal basis for the processing of personal data is the adoption of pre-employment measures at the request of the job applicant.
Transfer and disclosure of information
We may transfer and disclose the personal data of job applicants to third parties in the following situations:
- trusted external service providers (e.g. an outsourced suitability assessment provider) acting on our behalf and not having independent access to the information we disclose to them;
- within the Oulun Energia Group (e.g. due to a centralised recruitment process);
- if our company is involved in a corporate transaction; and
- when we believe in good faith that the disclosure of information is necessary to safeguard our rights, to protect you and others, to investigate fraud, or to respond to requests from the authorities.
Transfer of data outside the EU/EEA
We will not transfer your personal data outside the European Union or the European Economic Area.
As a data subject, the following rights are guaranteed to you under applicable data protection legislation:
- You have the right to request from us access to personal data relating to you and the right to request the rectification or erasure of such data, within the limits and in accordance with applicable data protection law;
- You have the right to request restriction of processing or to object to processing, within the limits and in accordance with applicable data protection law;
- You have the right to transfer data from one system to another, that is, to receive personal data relating to you in a structured and commonly used format, and to transfer them to another data controller, within the limits and in accordance with applicable data protection law;
- You have the right to lodge a complaint with the national data protection authority (in Finland, the Data Protection Ombudsman) or another data protection authority of the European Union or the European Economic Area, if you consider that your statutory rights have been violated;
You can send the above requests to our Data Protection Officer at: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have the necessary technical and organisational data security measures in place to protect personal data from elimination, destruction, misuse, and unauthorised access. For example, we restrict access to your data only to persons involved in the recruitment process who, for their work, need to process such data.
Last updated 17 May 2022.